Application to Join (Rejoin actually)

Here you will find out information about the guild and its policies. You can also find out about recruitment and post applications here.
Tonto
Recruit
Recruit
rl_name: Dan
Main char: Tantalia
Main class: Paladin
Main spec: Tank
Secondary spec: Healer
I use a Authenticator:: Yes

Application to Join (Rejoin actually)

Post by Tonto » Wed 29-Apr-2020 13:47

Tantalia

My name is Dan Walmsley, and I was one of the original members in Winterhame Mercenaries, part of the original Dream Alliance on Emerald Dream and when Winterhame merged with the other alliance guilds I chose to join Phoenix of the Sun. I stopped playing when Mists of Pandaria came out, due in the main to excessive travel globally (gold status with THREE airlines!) :) I work as as a Training and Development Advisor, with mechatronics apprentices,, helping guide their development and careers (yes it does require experience and yes it does mean I am Old with a capital O...55 to be precise :) I remember many happy days with PotS and the current situation has made me realise just how much I miss working/playing with people online.

Tantalia (Human Paladin)< Mormegil (NE Warrior) Karelia (Dwarf Priest. There were others and the levels are not worth mentioning ..yet.
I am trying to get Blizzard to locate my old account and restore it (so I would have about 6 level 85 characters) but I have a new game installed, a new subscription and can press the magic button to jump to 110...but learning the new systems is quite fun too...the wife has also started playing again (some might remember Mireille)

Played WoW from 2004 to 2013, one of the originals from Day 1 :) Stopped early 2013 as pressure from work, different timezones every 6 weeks made a mess of social life and gaming. Work has changed, now a 8 to 5 role 5 days a week, weekends free :) Cannot remember exactly when I join PotS but served the guild for a few years at least. Even attended one of the meets over in Holland and got to put names to faces.

I have read, agree and understand the Guild Codex. Not much has changed thankfully.

I have read, agree and understand the Raid Codex. but while I could press the 110 button, it will still be a while before I hit 120 and feel competent for the big stuff. I will more than happy raid the lower stuff and assist (I remember Hex running the choreography in so many raids, a great laugh tbh. Thursday and Sunday are fine for me.

I do have have and use an Authenticator.

Who do I know? Crumbs, my knowledge is 7 years old....I know Hex is still there, and there are one of two others I have seen when I /who and names that are tantalisingly familiar (Uinseann, Bobstar, Glorny but of others I am just not sure?

Fun mainly. People to talk to, people who I can help ingame, people who can give me guidance on the best way to spec up and skill the characters to fill holes in the guild structure. If someone needs a paladin who can DPS while juggling several bowls of artificial fruit, then I am your girl! (Tantalia is female :) )

Mostly weekday evenings and weekends, though I am involved in a D&D campaign that sometimes runs Saturday, sometimes Sunday but usually finishes around 1800...and if there is going to be a trial I want to know what I am accused of and where I can find a good lawyer...unless I can nominate Bobstar :) .

Anything else I want to share? Pizza and a glass of red wine perhaps? My playtime is all I have to offer

Twixel
Officer
Officer
rl_name:
Main char: Twixel
Main class: Priest
Main spec: Healer
Secondary spec: DPS

Re: Application to Join (Rejoin actually)

Post by Twixel » Wed 29-Apr-2020 15:57

Hi Dan

Thanks for completing the application. Hex, Bobs, Glorn & Uinseann are still around (some active and some not atm) and I am sure they will remember you and the juggling fruit. Please give our members a few days to read through your application and I will post back to you right here :)

cheers
Twix
Twixel
Recruitment Officer

Tonto
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Tonto » Wed 29-Apr-2020 20:21

I shall await with eager anticipation..and in the meantime I shall graduate from juggling fruit to chainsaws :)

Lyalil
rl_name:
Main char: Nefrais
Main class: Mage
Main spec: DPS
Secondary spec: None

Post by Lyalil » Wed 29-Apr-2020 23:23

Welcome back
Nefrais - lvl 120 dranei mage
Lyalil - lvl 110 night elf druid
Serinda - lvl 90 human hunter
Emberi - lvl 90 worgen warrior

Donaldo
rl_name: don
Main char: Donaldo (don)
Main class: Hunter

Post by Donaldo » Thu 30-Apr-2020 11:36

Welcome Dan and good luck with your application
the real :king:

Twixel
Officer
Officer
rl_name:

Post by Twixel » Fri 01-May-2020 10:40

Hi Dan

Happy to extend an invite but we cannot do this until next week. We cap the number of new members to 3 at a time and we are already full. I will post back to you on this forum early next week as I am expecting a slot to be available by then.

Many thanks for your patience and will post here soon

cheers, Twix
Twixel
Recruitment Officer

Tonto
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Tonto » Fri 01-May-2020 12:50

No worries Twix

By that time I might...just might ..have a response from Blizzard...and if I haven't well there is the magic 110 button :)

Zanthuril
Officer
Officer
rl_name:
Main char: Zanthuril M
Main class: Warrior

Post by Zanthuril » Fri 01-May-2020 14:44

Welcome back Dan. Lookin gforward to seeing you in the game. :)
Zanthuril - level 120 Human Warrior Fury

Any alts you may see are probably figments of your overly active imagination. Nothing to see here, move along.

It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it… anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
-Douglas Adams

Twixel
Officer
Officer
rl_name:

Post by Twixel » Tue 05-May-2020 13:55

Hi Dan

Please /whisper an officer for your invite :)
Twixel
Recruitment Officer

Tonto
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Tonto » Tue 05-May-2020 16:28

Twix many thanks.

There will be a slight delay till normal service is resumed :) I can log in and /w now but it might be a day or two before I can really "play"

Essentially..this is the issue...
1. Decided to come back so contacted Blizz to see if they could resurrect the account.
2. Started playing the starter version while I waited.
3. Waited...waited...waited...no response so I figured they could not locate the account. So much for 24hr response.
4. Upgrade the starter version to BfA and added sub....leveled Tantalia MkII to 83...5 days.....and then Blizz told me the old account was available and added it to battlenet.
5. Screamed for Joy and then realised the account was set to Legion and had 1 day of gametime (a WHOLE DAY free...)
6 Asked Blizz to transfer BfA upgrade and Sub to old account or do a transfer of all chars on the old account to the new one.
7. Waiting...(impatiently) for a response :) Hoping that this time they live up to 24hr response (and they are nice to me)

Twixel
Officer
Officer
rl_name:

Post by Twixel » Tue 05-May-2020 17:29

no problem, we are not going anywhere - hope that Blizz find some more hamsters to make the wheels turn
Twixel
Recruitment Officer